- Prep time
- 35-40 mintes PT0
- Cook time
- 10 minutes PT10M
- 4-6 servings
This tasty appetizer brings new meaning to grilled cheese!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus more for grill
- 2 chicken breasts (6 ounces each), cut into ½ inch thick strips
- 8 ounces halloumi cheese, cut into ½ inch thick strips
- 2 large leeks, 1-inch rounds, bias cut
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon balsamic glaze
Season grill by heating and wiping olive oil on it with a rag.
Brush the chicken with 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill chicken breast until internal temperature reaches 165°F, about 2 minutes per side. To achieve diamond grill marks, position chicken at a 10 o'clock position on the grill, then at a 2 o'clock position. Flip chicken and repeat.
Grill halloumi over high heat and low exposure, 1–2 minutes per side, following same steps for diamond grill marks. Be sure the grill is well-oiled, otherwise cheese will stick.
Grill leek rounds, 1–2 minutes per side.
Once halloumi and chicken cool, cut into 1-inch cubes and set aside.
Assemble chicken, halloumi and leeks onto skewers. Once assembled, drizzle with balsamic glaze and extra virgin olive oil.