- Prep time
- 20 minutes PT20M
- Cook time
- 35 minutes PT35M
- 1 pie
Take your classic peach pie to the next level with a streusel topping and a hint of ginger.
- ¾ cup sugar (adjust amount depending on sweetness of peaches)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 pounds peaches, peeled, pitted and cut into wedges
- 1 pie crust
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup quick old fashioned oats
- ⅓ cup crystallized ginger, minced
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled and diced
Move oven rack to the lowest level and preheat to 375°F.
To make pie filling, whisk together sugar, cornstarch and spices until combined. Toss gently with peaches in a large bowl.
Scoop peaches into pie crust, then place pie on a cookie sheet and place in the oven.
While the pie is baking, prepare streusel by whisking flour, sugar, oats, ginger and salt together in a small bowl. Cut in the butter, mixing until coarse pea-sized crumbs form.
Remove the pie after 15 minutes, sprinkle the streusel evenly over the top and place back in the oven for 20 minutes, or until the streusel is golden brown.
Remove pie from oven and let cool at least 2 hours before cutting and serving.