- Prep time:
- 10 minutes
- Cook time:
- 15 minutes
- 4-6 servings
2 out of 5
- Share this recipe:
This elegant yet simple hors d'oeuvre is sure to be a hit at your next event!
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ sweet onion, julienned
- 1 Pink Lady apple, small diced
- 2 ounces crimini mushrooms, small diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 ounces gruyere cheese, half shredded, half thinly sliced
- 1 sheet of puff pastry, cut into 1-inch by 2-inch rectangles
- 3 chives, cut into ¾-inch lengths
Preheat oven to 425°F.
In a small sauté pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes or until they begin to turn translucent.
Add apples and mushrooms, season with salt and cook for 10 more minutes, or until the apples are tender, but not falling apart.
Remove from heat, place in a bowl and let cool for a few minutes.
Fold shredded cheese into the apple mixture. Place a heaping tablespoon of the filling into the center of the puff pastry rectangles.
Place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Top with sliced cheese and return to the oven until cheese is just melted.
Garnish with chives and serve.