- Prep time
- 15 minutes PT15M
- Cook time
- 30 minutes PT30M
- 4 -6 servings
This side dish has the complex flavors of earthy squash, salty bacon and sweet/sour mango.
- 3 cups butternut squash, peeled and large diced
- 4 slices bacon, cut into ¼" wide strips
- 10 ounces. mango, diced (frozen mango chunks work great)
- 1 teaspoon. thyme, minced
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon, salt
- 1 teaspoon, black pepper
Preheat your oven to 375°.
In a large, oven-proof skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until rendered, but not yet crispy. Add the remaining ingredients into the pan and toss or stir to combine evenly.
Place pan in oven and back for approximately 20 minutes or until squash is tender and lightly browned.
Remove from oven and serve immediately.