- Prep time
- 45 minutes PT45M
- Cook time
- 50-55 minutes PT55M
- 1 loaf
Take a savory approach to baking with pumpkin by adding roasted shallots, fresh sage, Dubliner cheese and, of course, beer!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup corn meal
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 8 ounces Stone IPA Beer
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 ounces shallots, roasted and chopped
- 3 leaves fresh sage, thin sliced
- 3 ounces Dubliner cheese, diced into ¼-inch cubes
- ¼ cup raw pumpkin seeds, for garnish
Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat loaf pan with baking spray.
Combine flour, corn meal, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg in a mixing bowl and whisk together.
In a smaller mixing bowl, whisk together pumpkin puree, butter, eggs, shallots, sage and cheese.
Create a small well in the center of the flour mixture and add beer and pumpkin to the mixture. Stir until dough comes together—do not over mix!
Pour mixture into prepared loaf pan and top with pumpkin seeds.
Bake for approximately 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from pan and allow to cool.