- Prep time
- 5 minutes
- Cook time
- 30 minutes
- 2–4 servings
This simple yet flavorful soup is a delicious and healthy way to use up leftover chicken.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ yellow onion, small diced
- 1 small carrot, peeled and sliced
- 1 small celery stalk, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 1 small can of cannellini beans, rinsed
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup rotisserie chicken, pulled or diced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup kale, chiffonade
- 2 tablespoons pesto
In a medium sauce pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion, carrot and celery and sauté until translucent and fragrant. Add garlic and cook 2 more minutes.
Add cannellini beans, chicken broth and chicken meat. Reduce to a simmer, season to taste with salt and pepper and cook 10 minutes. Add kale and cook 5 more minutes.
Remove from heat and serve with a dollop of pesto.