- Prep time
- 15 minutes PT15M
- Cook time
- 2 hours and 30 minutes PT0.033333333333333M
- 3 cups
Sweet, sour and spicy, this persimmon chutney is a fun and flavorful fall accompaniment to pork or poultry.
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, peeled and diced
- ½ red onion, small diced
- 1 jalapeño, minced
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 lemon, zest and juiced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- ½ cup sugar
- ¾ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 Fuyu persimmons, peeled and diced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, minced
Combine all ingredients except cilantro and half of the persimmons in a medium saucepan. Cook on very low heat (just barely simmering) covered for 2 hours; stir regularly. Add remaining persimmon and cook covered an additional 30 minutes. Fold in cilantro. Remove from heat and cool completely.
Persimmon Chutney can be prepared up to 3 days ahead of time. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.