- Prep time
- 15 minutes
- Cook time
- 40–50 minutes
- 4–6 servings
This hearty vegetarian entrée combines some of fall’s finest super foods, and also makes a great side!
- 2 small butternut squash, seeded and halved lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ small red onion, chopped coarsely
- ⅔ cup cooked wild rice
- 2 tablespoons feta cheese
- ½ cup frozen cranberries, thawed
- ⅓ cup walnuts, roasted and chopped
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Rub half of the olive oil on the split squash, then place squash face down on a sheet pan and roast for 30-40 minutes, until brown and caramelized.
After 20 minutes of roasting, combine remaining olive oil and chopped onions and add to sheet pan for remaining 10-20 minutes.
In a work bowl, mix roasted onions with remaining ingredients until well combined. Flip squash halves and stuff cavities with the mixture.
Place squash back in oven for an additional 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and golden.