- Prep time
- 15 minutes
- Cook time
- 5 minutes
- 8 servings
Up the ante on a quick and easy appetizer with a dash of harissa!
- 2 pounds 16-20 count shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons harissa paste
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ lemon
- 10 skewers, soaked in water
Combine shrimp, harissa paste, lemon juice, parsley and salt in a bowl and let marinate in the refrigerator for 10 minutes. (Be careful not to marinate much longer than 10 minutes, as the lemon juice will start to cook the shrimp and they will become rubbery.)
Preheat grill or grill pan on a stove.
Skewer 4-5 shrimp to a skewer, then grill 2-3 minutes per side, until just cooked through.
Place skewers on a platter and squeeze juice from ½ lemon over shrimp to finish.