- Prep time
- 35 minutes PT35M
- Cook time
- N/A PT0
- 4-6 servings
Blue cheese, glazed walnuts and a caraway seed dressing bring out the best in this simple salad.
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts
- ¼ cup Champagne vinegar
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon caraway seeds
- 4 ounces blue cheese crumbles
- 4 ounces glazed walnuts, chopped
Trim Brussels sprouts and remove any bruised outer leaves. Slice off roots and use a mandolin or a sharp knife to slice the sprouts into very fine ribbons.
Whisk together Champagne vinegar, olive oil, sugar, salt, mustard and caraway seeds, or place them all in a sealable jar and shake until incorporated.
Toss shaved Brussels sprouts with the dressing, then plate and garnish with blue cheese and glazed nuts.