- Prep time
- 10 minutes
- Cook time
- 60 minutes
- 4-6 servings
Searing this herb-coated roast creates a fantastically flavorful crust that accentuates the cut's taste and tenderness.
- 1 Manhattan beef roast, 2½-3 pounds
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 2-3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 bunch thyme, picked and chopped
- 1 bunch tarragon, picked and chopped
- 3 tablespoons stoneground mustard
Preheat oven to 450°F.
Season roast well with 1 tablespoon each of salt and pepper.
In a medium sauté pan, heat canola oil over medium-high heat. When hot, sear roast on all sides until nicely caramelized, about 4-6 minutes. Then place roast on a sheet tray lined with a wire rack.
In a small bowl, mix together thyme, tarragon, stoneground mustard and remaining salt, then coat roast with rub.
Cook roast in the oven until the internal temperature reaches 125°F, about 30 minutes, or to desired doneness. Let rest 10 minutes before slicing.