- Prep time
- 5 minutes + 30 minutes resting PT5M
- Cook time
- 4-6 minutes + 10 minutes resting PT6M
- 1 serving
Bison is a great choice for lean protein if you're looking for something other than white meat or fish. This simple, classic preparation will make it a nice medium-rare.
- 1 bison New York strip steak (12 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons herb oil
Remove the bison New York strip steak from the refrigerator 30 minutes prior to cooking. Season both sides with the salt, pepper and granulated garlic.
Heat a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat until a sprinkling of water dances across the surface. Add the oil and heat until shimmering. Sear the bison until golden brown on each side, about 2 minutes per side for medium-rare.
Transfer to a cutting board and rest for 10 minutes.
Drizzle with the herb oil and serve.