- Prep time
- 15 minutes + 2 hours marinating PT0.25M
- Cook time
- 15 minutes PT15M
- 2 servings
If lamb's your jam, this burger's for you! Playing with classic Mediterranean flavors, it has tremendous taste from Kalamata olives, feta cheese, quick-pickled cucumbers and more.
Lamb Burger Patties:
- 12 ounces ground lamb
- 1 tablespoon Spiceology Greek Freak seasoning
- ¼ cup chopped Kalamata Olives
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup rice vinegar
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 English cucumber, sliced thin
- 4 ounces feta
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 1 teaspoon chopped oregano
- 1 teaspoon chopped chives
- 1 large heirloom tomato, cut into ½-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 asiago buns, toasted
- 2 tablespoons Mina Harissa Red Pepper Sauce
- 2 slices red onion rings
To prepare the patties, mix together the ground lamb, Greek Freak seasoning, lemon zest and Kalamata olives in a bowl, then portion into 2 equal patties.
To make the pickles, combine the rice vinegar, water, sugar, cinnamon stick and mustard seeds in a pot and bring to a boil. Pour boiling mixture over the sliced cucumber and cool to room temperature. Place pickled cucumbers in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
To make the feta spread, mix together the feta and cream in a small work bowl, then mix in the chopped oregano and chives.
Drizzle the olive oil and vinegar over the heirloom tomato slices, then add salt and pepper to taste.
Grill the lamb burgers to your desired degree of doneness. To assemble the burgers, spread the herbed feta on each bun. Top the bottom bun with the lamb patty, harissa spread, onion, tomato, pickled cucumbers and top bun.