- Prep time
- 20 minutes + 20 minutes chilling PT20M
- Cook time
- 30-40 minutes PT40M
- 4-6 servings
Homemade chicken pot pie doesn't have to take hours—simply use our chef-prepared rotisserie chicken, leftover veggies, a pre-made pie shell and puff pastry!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 stalk celery, medium diced
- 1 carrot, medium diced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 2 cups milk
- ½ cup grilled onion, medium diced
- ½ cup grilled squash, medium diced
- ½ cup grilled eggplant, medium diced
- 1 cup picked Nugget Markets rotisserie chicken
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 pre-made pie shell (9-inch)
- 1 egg, whipped
- 1 puff pastry sheet (9-inch round)
Melt butter in a medium sauté pan. Add the carrot and celery and sauté until tender. Add the flour and stir to coat evenly. Add the chicken stock and stir to combine until thick.
Add 1 cup milk, stir to incorporate and bring to a boil, then add remaining milk. Bring to a simmer then add the grilled vegetables and picked chicken. Return to a simmer and adjust seasoning. If filling is too thick, add more milk or stock. Remove from heat and add the parsley.
Heat oven to 375°F. Place filling in refrigerator to chill for 20 minutes.
Spread cooled filling evenly into pie shell. Brush the edges of the pie shell with the egg wash. Place puff pastry over the top and crimp the edges. Brush the top of the pie with egg wash and bake for 30-40 minutes, until crust golden brown and the filling is hot and bubbly.