- Prep time
- Cook time
- 4-6 servings
- 2 oz. lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 3 oz. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 oz. canola or grapeseed oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1, 1 lb. box orzo
In a medium bowl, combine the lemon juice, zest, shallots, oils, salt & pepper. Whisk and set aside.
Cook the orzo according to the instructions on the box. Drain & toss with the lemon and oil mixture. Adjust with salt & pepper if desired.
- <strong>zest:</strong> colored part of the peel of citrus fruit which contains flavorful oils.