- Prep time
- 5 minutes PT5M
- Cook time
- N/A PT0
- 1 cocktail
Not too sweet and not too tart, this cocktail blends blood orange with the spicy and smoky flavors of rye and mezcal.
- 1 large ice cube
- 2 ounces Orangina Rouge Blood Orange Beverage
- 2 ounces WhistlePig PiggyBack Rye
- ½ ounce mezcal
- ½ ounce fresh squeezed lime juice
- ½ ounce simple syrup
- 4 dashes Cholula Hot Sauce
- 1 orange slice, for garnish
- 1 brandied cherry, for garnish
Place ice cube in a rocks glass. Add the Orangina Rouge, rye whiskey, mezcal, lime juice, simple syrup and hot sauce to the glass. Gently swirl the glass once to mix all ingredients together. Garnish with an orange slice and brandied cherry.