- Prep time
- 10–15 minutes PT15M
- Cook time
- 5 minutes–1 hour PT0.083333333333333M
Savor your favorite produce long after the seasons change with a little DIY fun! Pickling has long been used to keep fruits and vegetables good for the long haul, and it's a super easy process.
- 2 quarts distilled vinegar
- 2 quarts water
- ¼ cup salt
- ½ cup sugar
Your Choice of Produce:
- Green beans
- Beets, simmered until tender (about 1 hour), peeled and quartered
- Pickling cucumbers, quartered or sliced into coins
- Red pearl onions, blanched in boiling water for 20 seconds, peeled
- Wax or Fresno peppers
- Watermelon, cut into ½-inch wedges
- Bay Leaf
- Mustard seeds
- Chili flakes
Combine all ingredients for the pickling liquid in a sauce pot and bring to a boil.
Tightly pack prepared vegetables in jars with desired aromatics.
Pour hot pickle liquid over the top to completely cover the vegetables. Cover with lid and cool to room temperature. Store in refrigerator.