- Prep time
- 5 minutes PT5M
- Cook time
- N/A PT0
- 2 cocktails
Spice things up with this autumn-inspired cocktail starring bourbon, apple cider and a homemade infused maple syrup.
Infused Maple Syrup:
- 2 ounces raw maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 ounces water
- 6 ounces bourbon
- 3 ounces infused maple syrup
- 3 ounces fresh apple cider or apple juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 drops orange bitters
- 2 cinnamon sticks, for garnish
- 2 thin apple slices, for garnish
To make the infused maple syrup, combine all ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let simmer for 3 minutes. Remove from pan and let the mixture cool.
For the cocktail, combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker. Either mix and pour over ice into 2 tall rocks glasses and garnish each with a cinnamon stick and apple slice, or add 6 ice cubes to the shaker and shake, then pour into 2 martini glasses and garnish each glass with a cinnamon stick and apple slice.