- Prep time
- 30 minutes + 12 hours marinating time PT0.5M
- Cook time
- 15-20 minutes PT20M
- 5-6 servings
This island-inspired fried chicken is breaded with sweet rice flour and delicious served over rice with a side of soy sauce.
- 2½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 4 tablespoons mochiko flour
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 5 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 5 cups oil, for frying
Combine all ingredients except for frying oil. Marinate chicken in the refrigerator overnight.
Heat oil in a stockpot or deep fryer. Test oil for readiness by dropping in a little marinade—the oil is ready when the marinade bubbles and floats to the top.
Fry chicken in hot oil, turning once after 8-10 minutes, until internal temperature reaches 165°F. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels and let rest 5-6 minutes before serving.