- Prep time
- 1-2 min. PT0
- Cook time
- 15-18 min. PT0
- Serves 2
- 2 pieces Nugget Markets Bacon-Wrapped Filet Mignon
- Kosher or sea salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Gorgonzola, crumbled
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a medium-sized oven-safe skillet. Season filets with sea salt and cracked black pepper; carefully add to hot oil, browning each side for 2 minutes.
Transfer skillet to oven and roast in pan for 12-15 minutes (medium-rare to medium). Remove from oven; let stand 4-5 minutes. Be sure to pull toothpicks out of each filet before serving! Top filets with a tablespoon each of crumbled Gorgonzola and serve atop Pan-Roasted Cremini Mushrooms & Fennel Bulb.
Serve with your favorite Merlot or Cabernet Sauvignon.
Techniques used in this recipe:
- roast: a dry heat cooking method in which items are cooked in an oven or on a spit over a fire.
- <strong>fillet/filet:</strong> a boneless cut of meat, fish, or poultry.
The premier red grape varietal in the world! From Bordeaux to Napa, it produces distinctive wines that are tannic, with long aging potential. Dark cherry, cedar, tobacco and black currant are common flavor descriptors.
This wine is deep in color, high in alcohol, and low in tannin. The Bordeaux Merlot variety is very similar to Cabernet Sauvignon, but softer because it is less tannic. Merlot has aromas and flavors that include blackberry, cassis, baked cherries, plums, chocolate and mocha ... some suggest tea leaves.