Recipes Nugget Markets Signature Recipes
Chicken & Teriyaki Noodle Salad
- Prep time
- 15 minutes PT15M
- Cook time
- 6 minutes PT6M
- Serves 4 to 6
- 1 Nugget Markets rotisserie chicken, chilled
- 2, 9 oz. packages thick-cut asian noodles
- 1 cup Soy Vay Veri Veri Teriyaki sauce
- 2 yellow bell peppers, julienned
- 1 bunch green onions, bias cut (45° angle)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
Cook noodles according to directions on package; drain, transfer to a medium-sized bowl and toss with teriyaki sauce. Allow noodles to cool at room temperature for 10 minutes, then refrigerate.
Pick chicken meat from the bones and chop into bite-sized pieces; discard bones. Wash and pat dry vegetables. Trim tops from peppers and throw away seeds, then slice into matchstick-sized pieces (julienne). Trim tips of green onions, then cut on the bias.
Toss chicken and vegetables together with marinated noodles and sesame seeds. Serve and enjoy!
Techniques used in this recipe:
- chop (I)
- chop (I): to cut into pieces of roughly the same size.
- julienne: vegetables, potatoes, or other items cut into strips; 1/8-inch square x 1 to 2 inches is standard. Fine julienne is 1/16-inch square.
- sesame seed
Also known as “benne”, is the seed of a sturdy annual which attains a height of approximately 2 feet. Sesame does not readily lend itself to any of the categories in the family of spices. It lacks the aromatic qualities of its cousins and its claim to distinction is in its sweet, "nutty" flavor.
Aside from its common uses in appetizers, breads, meats, seafood, and vegetables, this easily cultivated seed yields a fine cooking oil which has been, and continues to be, an important diet item in many parts of the world. Tahini, a primary component of hummus, is made from toasted sesame seeds and oil ground together.