- Prep time
- 30 minutes PT30M
- Cook time
- 1 hour 20 minutes PT20.016666666667M
- 6–8 servings
Almost everyone loves a hot, cheesy lasagna. Layered with roasted red peppers, beef and ricotta, this lasagna will fill up the whole family and leave delicious leftovers for tomorrow.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- ½ tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 yellow onion, diced large
- 2 jars Fresh to Market Pasta Sauce
- 2 boxes no-boil lasagna
- 1 pound mozzarella, grated
- 1 tub (15 ounces) ricotta
- 1 jar (7.25 ounces) roasted red bell peppers, julienned
- 1 tablespoon parsley, for garnish (optional)
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Brown the ground beef in a large sauté pan and season with salt and pepper. When beef is nearly fully cooked, add onions and cook for 5 minutes. Add pasta sauce and bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
In a 9x13-inch baking dish, place a thin layer of the sauce mixture. Cover with pasta sheets, then place another layer of sauce completely covering the pasta sheets. Arrange strips of roasted red peppers about 2 inches apart. Cover liberally with mozzarella, then place one teaspoon of ricotta every 2 inches. Repeat this process 2 more times. Finish the top layer with pasta sauce and mozzarella only.
Cover and bake for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Sprinkle with parsley to garnish if desired.
Techniques used in this recipe:
- dice: to cut ingredients into small cubes (1/4 inch for small, 1/3 inch for medium, 3/4 inch for large).
- julienne: vegetables, potatoes, or other items cut into strips; 1/8-inch square x 1 to 2 inches is standard. Fine julienne is 1/16-inch square.
- simmer (I)
- simmer (I): to maintain the temperature of a liquid just below boiling.