- Prep time
- 15 minutes PT15M
- Cook time
- 8-10 minutes PT10M
- 8-12 servings
Pasta as an appetizer? This is an interesting presentation that will wow your guests. It has a nice balance between salt and acid that enhances the earthy flavors of these California olives. You can also serve this as a quick fix pasta course any night of the week.
- 1 can Graber olives pitted and rough chopped
- 1 tablespoon anchovies chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ cup roasted red bell pepper
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme rough chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley rough chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 ounces fettucini
- 4 ounce shaved Parmigiano Reggiano
On your cutting board place the garlic, anchovies, salt, and 1 teaspoon of oil, and mash into a paste by rubbing the flat side of your knife back and forth over the mix. Mix the rest of the ingredients in a bowl large enough to hold it and the cooked pasta.
Cook your pasta in boiling, salted water according to the directions on the package. Drain well and mix with the olive mixture.
Twirl on individual forks into one bite portions, and garnish with shaved Parmigiano Reggiano. Make sure you continually toss the pasta before twirling it on the forks so the olive mixture stays integrated in the pasta.