- Prep time
- 15 minutes PT15M
- Cook time
- 30 minutes PT30M
- Serves 4-6
This side dish is so easy and quick! It's cheesy, gooey, and comforting.
- 1 large crown of broccoli, steamed and chopped into medium florets
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons yellow onion, small dice
- 8 ounces Cheddar cheese
- 2 cans cream of broccoli, celery, or mushroom soup
- ¼ cup water
- 1 stack Ritz crackers
- 1 stick butter
Preheat the oven to 350° F.
Mix everything except for the crackers and butter together and place in a large casserole dish. Place crackers in a plastic bag and smash to make fairly fine crumbs. Sauté cracker crumbs in butter until lightly browned. Sprinkle over mixture. Bake at 350° F for 30 minutes or until bubbly and browned on top. Allow to rest for 15 to 20 minutes before serving.
Techniques used in this recipe:
- dice: to cut ingredients into small cubes (1/4 inch for small, 1/3 inch for medium, 3/4 inch for large).
- sauté: a cooking method in which items are cooked quickly in a small amount of fat in a pan on the range top.