- Prep time
- 5 minutes PT5M
- Cook time
- N/A PT0
- 4 servings
This is a quick and easy after school snack that you can customize to suit your child’s tastes. This recipe features homemade chicken salad, but you can easily substitute with egg or tuna salad. Make the salad portion ahead of time and after-school preparation will be a snap!
- 1 English cucumber, partially peeled and deseeded
- 1 can (12.5 ounces) premium chunk chicken breast, drained
- 2 tablespoons ranch dressing
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise or plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon dill pickle relish
- 1 green onion, chopped (for garnish)
To prepare the cucumber, use a vegetable peeler to peel away four strips of skin from the outside of the cucumber. Cut the cucumber in half, and then split each half lengthwise, scooping out the seeds with a spoon. Set aside while you prep the chicken salad.
In a mixing bowl, place the rest of the ingredients and mix thoroughly, making sure to break up any of the larger pieces of chicken. Refrigerate up to 1 day.
Just before serving, fill cucumber boats with ¼ of the chicken mixture and garnish with chopped green onions.