- Prep time
- 15 minutes
- Cook time
- 20 minutes
- 3 servings
Serve this healthy vegan side in a roasted pepper or squash for a fun, holiday Jack O' Lantern effect!
- 4 cups water
- 1½ cups quinoa
- 1 ounce extra virgin olive oil
- 3 ounces red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 red bell pepper, small diced
- ½ cup Kalamata olives, chopped
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Italian parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 orange bell peppers, for serving (optional)
Bring water to a boil in a medium pot. Add quinoa, stir, reduce heat and simmer covered for approximately 15 minutes.
Whisk together olive oil, vinegar and mustard in a large work bowl. Add cooked quinoa and remaining ingredients and toss well.
If serving Jack o’ lantern-style, remove tops and seeds from orange bell peppers, then carve a spooky face on each pepper. Roast if desired, then fill with quinoa salad and enjoy warm or chilled.