- Prep time
- 15 minutes PT15M
- Cook time
- 7-8 minutes PT8M
- 4 dozen 3-inch cookies
From the rich chocolate Brookie (brownie + cookie), come two other delicious and festive treats: Rocky Road Cookies and Christmas Candy Bark!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2½ sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a medium bowl, mix flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
In a large mixer bowl, beat butter and sugar together at medium-high speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla. Turn mixer down to medium-low speed and gradually add flour mixture until well combined.
Place rounded teaspoons onto greased cookie sheet and bake for 7-8 minutes. DO NOT OVERBAKE; cookies will set when cooled.
Once cooled, dust with powdered sugar.
For Rocky Road Cookies, add:
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup almonds, roasted, salted and chopped
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
For Christmas Candy Bark, add:
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- ½ cup crushed cany canes
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract