- Prep time
- 15 minutes, plus 8–12 hours marinating
- Cook time
- 12–15 minutes
- 4 servings
- 12 ounces Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout
- 1 cup pineapple with juice, cut and pureed
- 2 tablespoons fresh garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup molasses
- 4 sierra sirloins steaks (8 ounces each)
In a workbowl, combine stout, pineapple, garlic, ginger, brown sugar and molasses. Add steaks and marinate in refrigerator for 8–12 hours.
Remove steaks from refrigerator 15 minutes prior to putting meat on the grill. For medium rare, grill steaks on high heat for about 3 minutes per side. After 1½ minutes, turn 90 degrees to create crossed grill marks. Grill until internal temperature reaches 125°F.
Let cooked meat rest for 6–8 minutes before serving.