- Prep time
- 30 minutes PT30M
- Cook time
- 2½ hours PT2½H
- 4 servings
Just the right balance of sweet, salty and spicy, these classic ribs go great with all the traditional barbecue fixin's. Finish on the grill for extra smoky flavor!
- 4 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 slab pork baby back or St. Louis ribs, membrane removed (ask your Nugget Markets butcher to help!)
- 1½ cups barbecue sauce
Mix all rub ingredients in a bowl. Rub Chef's Rub over the ribs front and back, then let rest 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 300°F.
Wrap ribs well in aluminum foil, then place on a baking sheet, meat-side up. Bake for 2 hours. Remove foil, baste with half of the barbecue sauce, then bake for 15–20 minutes.
Let rest 5–10 minutes before serving.
Techniques used in this recipe:
- roast: a dry heat cooking method in which items are cooked in an oven or on a spit over a fire.