- Prep time
- 15 minutes
- Cook time
- 1 hour
- 2-4 servings
Tart apples and curry spice give the classic puree of carrot soup a delicious depth of flavor. Serve piping hot or chilled in the summertime!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled and large diced (reserve 2 tablespoons for garnish)
- 2 pounds carrots, peeled and large diced
- 1 yellow onion, large diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, large diced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons pepitas, for garnish
In a medium sauce pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add apple, carrot, onion, celery and garlic and sautè for 5 minutes, until the vegetables begin to tenderize. Add curry powder and salt and cook for 5 more minutes.
Add stock and simmer for 45 minutes or until the carrots are very tender.
Pour all ingredients into a blender and puree on low speed until smooth and homogeneous. Adjust seasonings to taste.
Garnish with pepitas and diced apples. Serve hot or chilled.