- Prep time
- 10 minutes PT10M
- Cook time
- 30 minutes PT30M
- 4 cups
For a healthy and flavorful take on the classic cheesy pasta sauce, try using butternut squash as the base!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ onion, large diced
- 3 cups butternut squash, peeled and large diced
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- Salt, to taste
- ½ pound Havarti cheese, medium diced
In a medium sauce pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and sweat for 5 minutes, until it begins to turn translucent. Add squash, garlic, broth and a few pinches of salt. Bring to a simmer, cover and cook for 20 minutes or until the squash is tender and completely cooked. Remove from heat.
Place into a blender and puree until completely smooth (you can also do this using an immersion blender). Add cheese and blend until incorporated. Add salt to taste. Serve over your favorite pasta noodles.