- Prep time
- 10 minutes PT10M
- Cook time
- 5 hours freezing time PT5H
- 4-6 servings
Make ice cream at home without an ice cream maker.
- 1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed, milk
- ½ cup unsweetened, natural cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups heavy cream - cold
Whisk together the first 6 ingredients - set aside. This mixture will be very thick.
Chill a 9x5x3 loaf pan in the freezer.
In a standup mixer or with a handheld, whip the cream to stiff peaks.
Fold 1/4 of this cream into the first mixture, ensuring that it is well blended.
Next, gently fold this mixture back into the remaining whipped cream until smooth and homogenous.
Place into your chilled loaf pan and freeze for 5 hours or ideally, overnight.