- Prep time
- 10 minutes, plus 30 minutes resting
- Cook time
- 6–8 minutes
- 2 servings
There are few things tastier than perfectly cooked steak with a side of seasoned fries.
- 2 Fresh to Market Angus Beef New York Steaks (12 ounces each), 1-inch thick
- Oil for deep frying
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 package frozen shoestring fries
- 2 tablespoons Fresh to Market Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 4 tablespoons chopped parsley
Remove steaks from refrigerator 30 minutes before cooking.
Heat frying oil to 350°F in a deep sauce pot (oil should be approximately 4 inches deep).
Heat a cast iron skillet on medium-high heat and coat with 1 tablespoon oil. Season steak with salt and pepper and sear in skillet for 2 minutes per side for medium rare. Remove from pan and let rest.
Carefully place frozen fries into hot oil and deep fry until golden brown, about 1–2 minutes.
Heat olive oil, butter and garlic in a small sauté pan. When the garlic begins to sizzle, remove from heat and add the parsley. Place cooked fries in a bowl with a paper towel to absorb any excess oil. Remove the towel, toss fries in the garlic and parsley mixture, and season to taste with salt.
Slice steaks and serve with the hot fries.